If you are not satisfied with the service offered by ERA, we want to hear from you.
- ERA works to ensure that all who approach ERA are treated with courtesy.
- ERA hopes that any concerns may be dealt with by the individual member of staff with whom you deal.
Making a complaint
If you have a complaint about whether ERA has met its commitments under our Code of Practice, please contact us with details of your complaint:
- By post to: Educational Recording Agency, Verulam House, 60 Gray’s Inn Road, London WC1X 8LU
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: please call us on 020 7837 3222 between the hours of 9.30am and 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays (excluding bank holidays).
We shall acknowledge receipt of correspondence requesting information from ERA within two working days of receipt and (when practical) respond in full within a further ten working days.
ERA will advise you if we are not able to respond in full within the above timescale, and of the likely time that it will take to respond in full.
If you remain dissatisfied with any response to a complaint then you should write to the Chief Executive of ERA within a period of one month explaining the reasons why you remain dissatisfied.
Your letter will be acknowledged within ten working days of receipt and the Chief Executive will either:
(a) confirm the view or decision previously provided by an ERA member of staff and advise you of a further right of appeal; or
(b) undertake to write with a full response after appropriate advice has been taken with an indication of the timescale within which you can expect a full response.
If we believe that we cannot do more than we have already done under our Complaints Procedure, we will tell you.
Referral of complaints to the Ombudsman
As part of the appeals procedure relevant to any complaints not otherwise resolved, ERA has put in place procedures for complaints to be referred to an independent dispute resolution service run by Ombudsman Services Limited.
All ERA staff are informed of the provisions of our Code of Conduct and are expected to comply with its terms.