Moving with the times
As the media and broadcasting landscape shifts in dramatic ways, we see it evermore our mission to preserve and promote the use of TV & Radio broadcasts in education. While the future of TV and Radio broadcasting may be uncertain, the power of audio-visual content to broaden, deepen and transform education lives on. And that’s where ERA’s new website comes in:
- bringing the ERA Licence to life,
- offering educators a portal to a world of broadcast content through our new TV & Radio Resources collection and
- enhancing education and celebrating creativity through our Ideas & Guides.
- showcasing and promoting innovative use of broadcast content in education through our Licence in Action page
Want to get involved?
If you use TV and Radio in your teaching and would like to inspire others with your ideas, email us today!
Bringing the ERA Licence to life
About the ERA Licence
The ERA Licence opens up a world of broadcast content to the education sector, whilst safeguarding the fair remuneration of the creatives who produce TV and Radio broadcasts.
- A clearer layout, which is easier to navigate and which allows our Licencees to easily find what they’re looking for.
Promoting the power of broadcast
ERA’s TV & Radio Resources is a brand new section of the ERA website, providing educators with a portal to the TV and Radio programmes created by ERA’s Members, who include the BBC, Channel 4, Channel 5 and ITV. ERA has curated a collection of TV and Radio programmes that link to educational curriculae and courses, enabling teachers and lecturers to easily identify programmes that meet their teaching needs.
- search for broadcast content by a keyword, e.g. Shakespeare
- browse through our collection by selecting a subject, e.g. History
- refine search results by applying our “study level” and “exam board” filters
What’s included in TV & Radio Resources?
The broadcast content ERA has curated under our TV & Radio Resources section belongs to our Members. We link out to our Members’ websites and on-demand services e.g. All 4, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub and My5. We do not host the programmes that we link to and the programmes are available subject to the time that they are available on our Members’ services.
Enhancing education and celebrating creativity
ERA’s Ideas & Guides section is a source of information, inspiration and celebration. It’s the place to come to:
- find out what great content is available from our Members to use in teaching and learning
- get inspired by innovative and unusual uses of broadcast in education
- celebrate the vitality of creativity channeled through TV and Radio broadcasts
Look out for ERA’s Picks of the Week and watch this space for more in-depth teaching and learning guides to getting the most out of TV and Radio in education.